When it comes to scabies treatment and healing the use of Vaseline can really help you as it can help smoother mites but also help the skin heal. Of course Vaseline is not a scabies treatment but it is an excellent aid for getting rid of scabies and dealing with post scabies symptoms such as itching and dry skin.
After scabies treatment you should be applying Vaseline full body morning and night for a few weeks to restore your skins health. The scabies mites and treatments are very drying and damaging to the skin which can break down protective layers of the skin that are meant to prevent infections and keep your skin moisturized. Vaseline can also help reset the allergies your skin has triggered by the mites and debris and it will certainly relive any itching.
Scabies Moisturizing Tips
- Moisturize daily both morning and night after showers or baths. Be sure to dry off first though.
- Take epsom salt baths or add a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Baking soda can also be used within a bath to soften the skin by adding half a cup to a warm bath and soaking for 20-30 minutes each day.
- Drink lots of water daily.
- Use sulfur soaps here while you shower daily.
- Loofah in circular motions it can help remove dead skin cells and debris under it such as dead mites and fecal matter.
- Exercise daily.
- Take multi-vitamins daily.
- Clean up your diet and include fresh fruits and vegetables.